Lima Bean (Fordhook 242)
A favorite for it's nutty flavor, this bean grows thick pods with 3-5 beans per pod. Grows best in full sun with plenty of water - however, avoid planting in soils that stays wet. Great summer crop as the bean grows well in warm soil.
45+ seeds per pack
***If Fordhook 242 is unavailable, this variety will be substituted with another Lima Bean Variety, such as Henderson or Jackson Wonder.
- Days to maturity: 50-60 days for green, 100+ days for dry beans.
- Growth: 9"-15" height, 6" spread.
- Tip: Try growing in rows three across as opposed to just one. You can grow 3 times the amount of beans in the same space.
- Plant Spacing:
- Row: 4"-6"Plant: 4"-6".
- Planting Depth: 1.5 inch
- Days to Germination: 7-10 days
- Days to harvest: 50+ days
All Heaven's Harvest seeds are Heirloom, Open-Pollinated, Non-GMO, Non-Hybid seeds. Each variety is hand-packaged in mylar-foil, resealable bags providing unmatched barrier properties, a flexible surface, and high resistance to punctures. These packages are waterproof, lightproof, and rodent-proof - yikes! And will remain viable for 5-10 years, when stored properly in a cool, dark, and dry location. Most importantly, with 45+ seeds per pack, you can begin gardening now and save the remainder for a few years to come!